Insight Home Inspections also offers the latest in non-destructive evaluations through the use of a high quality Flir® B400 infrared camera. If you are looking at a property, we can tell you where insulation may be missing, which will cost you every year in heating and cooling costs. We can also determine if there are any water intrusion issues, leaking plumbing or pest infestations. If you already own a property and are having problems with these issues, we can help identify areas of concern that need further investigation.
You have the option of adding this invaluable thermal imaging inspection service to enhance your standard home inspection or scheduling a thorough thermal imaging inspection on its own.
What is Thermal Image Scanning?
Thermal imaging uses infrared technology to detect very small differences in temperature. Every material has a unique thermal signature and when moisture, heat, cold, or wood destroying insects are introduced into the structure the thermal signature changes. The changes can be subtle or dramatic, but with this incredible thermal image scanning technology the thermal signatures are detectable where they wouldn’t be able to be seen with the naked eye.
What we look for:
- Water intrusion through the houses exterior covering, whether the house has brick, stucco or siding.
- Unknown leaks in plumbing, roof and foundation before they cause damage and mould growth
- Missing or poorly installed insulation in ceilings and walls
- Air leaks around windows and doors
- Improperly insulated HVAC ducting that can cause condensation dripping in attics and crawlspaces.
- Damaged and /or malfunctioning radiant heating systems
- Electrical faults before they fail or cause fire
- Structural defects in framing
- Defective windows
- Pest infestation and insulation issues caused by pests.
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Home:
- Increased comfort for the occupants
- Healthier and safer indoor environment
- Lower energy bills
- Increased home resale value